Self-employed, or hoping to be in future? Flourishing freelancer with a budding business idea?
On Wednesday 14th November, we’re hosting our first EVER event, and we’d love for you to be there! Join us at IdeaSpace for a panel discussion and informal networking drinks, to chat about all things self-employed life.
Desk Life Project began as a way to provide advice and inspiration for those starting their self-employed journey, but we’ve since grown into quite the community. Becoming self-employed can be scary, and working alone means it’s not often we get to chat with likeminded people about how it feels to say goodbye to your regular salary, the loneliness that comes with working solo, and setting your own career goals for the first time. So, we’re bringing you all together to chat about all of the above and more, plus a chance for you to network in a fun, informal environment – let’s face it, nobody likes formal introductions!
Moderated by Desk Life Project founder Caitlin McAllister, you’ll hear from:
- Gemma Scopes (founder of How To Make Friends) to discuss the loneliness and mindset aspects of self-employed life
- Julia Day (founder of Easy as VAT) to discuss the financial side of going it alone
- Jess Ratcliffe (founder of Unleash Your Extraordinary) to discuss setting, and achieving, those big career goals
The panel talk will be followed by:
- A Q&A (your chance to pick the speakers’ brains!)
- Some relaxed, informal networking
- Drinks and nibbles
- A few exciting freebies for starting your own business!
We hope to see lots of you there, and really look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions about the evening or would like to have your business/products featured in our goody bags, feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Wednesday 14th November 2018
Time: 7.30pm – 10pm
Location: IdeaSpace, 83 Lavender Hill, London, SW11 5QL